Thursday 17 May 2018

Looking for new students NOW!

2018 has been a great year so far and with so much happening in the technology world there are new tricks of the trade to learn. I spend more time learning than teaching presently. In this spirit I am reorganising the blog and tying it together with my "new google sites website" for Unconventional ICT. I shall be documenting the development so that I can remember how to do it again and hope that you find it interesting to follow too.

I am looking for new teaching opportunities so if you know anyone in the East Sussex area that would like to get started with technology or improve their office and creative skills please point me in their direction. email me at teachitsussex@gmail.com. I am open to project work too for web, database or other design.

The first thing that I needed to do was to design a new logo for the Unconventional ICT website. I used the amazing Affinity photo and a piece of paper for this task. The piece of paper is the most essential piece of kit. Doodling frees you from all the complicated tools on the computer. Some of the ideas are shown below.


I started out with the idea of unconventional IT but with a little bit of background searching  I found that this is a very popular term out there in the internet world. By adding the C it looks like nobody will be suing me for infringement.

I thought that the logo should simply be a working around the text letters for simplicity. The letters UICT give great shapes to work with too. I could have embodied some tech ideas but this then limits the design for the future. The tools for manipulating text in Affinity are terrific, particularly the aligning and spacing features.

I was attracted to the jumbly idea for the logo since I wanted to emphasise the order from chaos and informal structure of what I do. The front runners were reduced quickly





Next it was off to google sites to get started with the new website.. wish me luck and tell me what you think of the logos.

No comments:

Post a Comment