Sunday 10 June 2018

fun with colourising old photos

Everyone has a back catalogue of old photos in their possession. some cringing, others that may make you smile or cry. I looked at the one here with great nostalgia of my sister and I at school photos time. It took me back to simpler days. Of course I looked at that old photo in black and white and wondered if Affinity Photo could do the colourising that I have done in the past with Photoshop.

The answer is yes of course.

I used the techniques of guessing colours and keeping colours on separate layers for this one so it may not be the truest version of the day but none the less it was good enough for her to say OK that was us then. I may publish a colour tutorial hopefully taking more than the hour that I spent on this one with better results.

What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment