Saturday 23 June 2018

Install Free fonts from the internet on your Mac or Windows 10 PC

To be distinctive in the world companies spend millions on colours, logos and even typefaces (fonts). I use a few favorite fonts myself so I know that I am the author of my own documents and also if somebody else has lifted them. It is easy to change a font in a document to claim it as your own but the formatting will also change and with it the 'feel'.

You can pay for high quality fonts or use the thousands of free opensource fonts on the Internet to convey your message. Posters and newsletters benefit greatly by including the right typeface.

Spot the difference here between two images for our village hoedown (click images to enlarge).


The difference is the use of two western fonts Bleeding cowboys and Westerner. At little cost except time this fundraiser poster could attract a wider audience. Notice also that there is a distinct lack of the rainbow colours so often associated with village posters.

I have made up two quick guides for adding fonts to Mac or Windows. Click the links below

Add font to Windows 10

Add font to MacOS


No comments:

Post a Comment